YCH Biotransformation IPA CROWLER
First in a series. YCH has contracted with us for 2020 to do some research brewing related to new hop products. They’ll either be new varieties, new blends, new derivative products (extracts, cryo, etc) or new techniques. That means these beers will more often than not be at the cutting edge of what the Brewing Innovations team at YCH is working on.
This particular beer is designed around a proprietary blend of hops designed to maximize the effects of biotransformation in mid-fermentation dry hopping. They’re calling it the “Bio-T” blend. Long story short, it turns out certain yeasts have an ability to digest certain compounds present in hops and in so doing create a bunch more desirable aromatic compounds. It’s kinda technical but the net effect is if you dry hop mid-fermentation with certain hops and yeasts, you end up with a bunch more hop aroma of a more desirable type.
TL;DR: We partnered with YCH to do science. The result should be a juicier IPA. Come try it.
Please read product & pick-up guidelines in their entirety:
- A 20% service charge will be added to your purchase. Pursuant to Minnesota Statute § 177.23, Subd. 9, this charge is not a gratuity for employee service. You can read a full update on this change here.
- Pick-up occurs in the taproom during our open hours. Our hours may change, but we will keep our hours consistently updated on Google and our website.
- We are committed to following evolving MDH guidelines to provide a safe taproom environment for pickup. For that reason, we ask that you refrain from picking up at the taproom if you are feeling sick or are in a high risk group (as outlined here).
- You can always designate a proxy to pick up for you if needed, just be sure to indicate in checkout that you’ll be using a proxy. If you’re picking up yourself, just write “Self” in the proxy box.
- The person picking up your order, whether that’s you or a proxy, will need to be 21+ with a valid photo ID.
- We are working to package orders as soon as we receive them, and we will hold orders for up to one week after the order is submitted. After seven days, your order is surrendered to Fair State Co-op.
- We recommend consuming CROWLERs within seven days of purchase for maximum freshness. Bottles can be opened and consumed at your leisure, but we recommend you store them in a cool and dry place.
- Members get 10% off all CROWLERs and bottles! Members, check your email for the discount code.
- Got a question? Want to order more than we have available? Email us at [email protected] and we’ll respond ASAP.